Friday, August 20, 2010

Lego Summer Camp & Some Free Lego Printables

We had a great week doing our Lego Summer Camp!
A huge thanks to Ami from Walking by the Way for making an awesome Lego lapbook and sharing it on her wonderful blog, as we used some of the components of her lapbook this week as part of our camp.
I also made some Lego printables for younger children and if you would like them, please just leave a comment and I will email them to you most likely on Monday.
The free printables include:
directions for Lego artwork
collage pages about Denmark (Lego is headquartered in Denmark)
three part color cards featuring Lego bricks on the color cards. We live fairly close to a Lego store, so I asked if it would be okay if I took photos of every bin of Legos they had on the wall to have a variety of shots of different Lego bricks, and they said that it was fine for me to do that, so I did. So, the Lego three part cards are all of the Lego colors from the Orlando store. The only color that had to be Photoshopped was purple, as they only had one purple Lego in the entire bin section and I did not think that one purple looked right...so we took the color of the one purple and Photoshopped it, but the rest are all actual Lego bricks and actual colors from the store.

Also, will not be blogging this weekend, as I have to attend to family matters and will be away from the blogosphere. My dear aunt passed away and I need to be with family instead of blogging this weekend.

Here are some photos from our week:

Have a nice weekend.

14 comments:

Kylie said...

Firstly I am very sorry for the passing of your Aunt.

Your post about the Legos is very timely. I have just download Amy's lapbook for my son to have a look at sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Whenever you have some time I would love to see the printables you have created.

I am sure are already aware but to save you some time emailing people you could upload them to either scribd or 4shared....just another option to consider. :)

Thanks again

Pip said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. We said goodbye to my Nan at her funeral this week and i can feel your pain. Huge hugs. xx

Loving the lego posts. my sons love lego so would love your printables please! My email is p.ashton@homecall.co.uk

Pipx

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your aunt.

Your lego week looks like a hit. I think I'll have to remember that for another school break.

jeannine: waddlee-ah-chaa said...

May you be blessed with many lovely memories of you Aunt.

My son loves legos and build the most amazing creations. The lego website has tons of "stuff" for teachers / homeschoolers.

Would love to see your printables. :)

Martianne said...

Sympathies and prayers for your Aunt. May your family be blessed as you both mourn and celebrate her life...

And, thank you for the Lego lapbook link as well a the offer for the printables. Please email me them! I know the kiss will like them!

Jennifer said...

Colleen,

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt's passing, and glad you will be able to spend the weekend with family. I am praying that your weekend will be a time to remember your Aunt by celebrating her life! God bless,
Jennifer.

Leptir (Nataša) said...

Hello, please visit my blog and take One Little Sparkling Blog Award here:
http://leptir-mojpribor.blogspot.com/2010/08/nagrade-awards-versatile-blogger-one.html

Leptir (Nataša) said...

I'm so sorry for your aunt!

Olives and Pickles said...

I hope you had a peaceful time with your family!! Moments like this makes the family closer. My deep condoloces for you!

Izzy said...

My deepest condolences for you and your family.

Btw those pictures look really awesome!! I love playing Lego and blocks with my students too!

Aly in Va said...

Greetings. I was curious if you were still willing to forward your work on lego for the younger children? If so, I'd love to have one. Thanks in advance.
Aly.

aly9712@yahoo.com

Cate said...

Thanks for visiting me today - you certainly have a great and creative approach to learning :-)
xxxCate

Anonymous said...

Looks FUN! Would you mind emailing me your lego printables - thanks dmhshop@mail.com

Annelize Webb said...

Wow! Looks fantastic. I am not sure you are still giving your printables away, but I would sure love to see them!

Thanks for the genorosity.

Annelize

webb.annie at gmail dot com

We are happy to announce our gifted pilot program starting Fall of 2014!

We are happy to announce our gifted pilot program starting Fall of 2014!
***This program is for residents of Florida only...

More Gifted Program Details!

More Gifted Program Details!
Sunrise Learning Lab™ and its Gifted Pilot Program belong to Colleen Murray Bowers. © 2014 Colleen Murray Bowers.

  © Sunrise Learning Lab™ Updated-Copyrighted-Owned-Trademarked by ©Colleen Murray Bowers Sunrise Learning Lab™ Note: Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates orignally assisted with original blog template but has NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER to this blog.

Back to TOP