Since this is the Ultimate Blog Party week, thought that I would share some homemade spa gifts that you can make either for yourself or for gifts for others...great way to recycle those teeny tiny first foods baby food jars, too!
Chocolate Moisturizing Face Mask
(This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe by Ruth Ann Byrd, a clinical aesthetician, as it appeared as part of her wonderful article entitled Benefits of Chocolate)
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon high quality organic cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons organic, raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons finely ground oatmeal, made from steel cut Irish style oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon water
- some small baby food jars and a spoon to stir the mask mixture
- Pretty fabric and matching ribbon to cover jar lids
- Cute Chocolate Face Mask labels
Grind the oatmeal very finely in a blender or food processor.
Add the other ingredients and mix well.
Add cute little labels to the jars telling your guests that this is a Chocolate Moisturizing Facial Mask. You may wish to type directions for use:
Wash and completely dry your face gently with a towel. Then, apply a thin layer of the mask to your face and add some warm water to help it spread evenly.
Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, and then, rinse and gently pat your face dry with a towel.
Add a light layer of moisturizer or lotion.
Homemade Sugar Scrub Party Favors
You will need:
- Small baby food jars with lids
- Cotton fabric, cut into a square large enough to cover and hang down from lids
- 2 Cups Sugar in the Raw
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 drops organic essential oils (suggestion: 1 drop peppermint and two drops vanilla)
- Small bowl and spoon to stir up the scrub mixture
- Neat Homemade Sugar Scrub labels
and you could also make these and add these to your party favors.
Fill the glasses with water, ice, and thinly sliced lemon and lime slices.
If you win the Earth Day Prize pack, in addition to the goodies for your children, I will throw in some neat downloads for you for the labels and tags for the spa party favors.
Drawing is on the 16th of April, at the close of the Ultimate Blog Party!